EDUCATIONAL DIRECTORY & DEMOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION EXCHANGE (EDDIE)
The Educational Directory and Demographical Information Exchange (EDDIE) is an online application containing LEA (school district) and school information such as LEA numbers, school numbers, administrative contacts, school types, grade levels, calendar types, program types, addresses, and more. This information is maintained and edited by subscribed users at the LEAs and Charter Schools.
EDDIE is the authoritative source for NC public school numbers and demographic information, and is used by multiple systems including; Accountability, NCWISE, NC School Report Cards, and is used to meet federal reporting requirements.
EDDIE is located at: http://apps.schools.nc.gov/eddie
- Anyone can view EDDIE and access or run reports.
- Users who need to edit data must subscribe and log in. See Subscription Information below.
- EDDIE is open for the 2012-13 school year.
- Subscribed users should enter current school year data through June 27, 2013. EDDIE will close in the morning of June 28th and a copy will be saved as the record for 2012-13.
- Wait until July 1, 2013 to enter school name and address changes, grade level changes, new principals, etc. that will be effective in the 2013-14 school year.
- All new data is requested to be entered by August 8, 2013, if possible. Data entered by August 8th will be published in the Education Directory. Users should continue entering new data after the 8th, but it will not be included in the Education Directory.
- For schools closing at the end of 2012-13, enter the closing date ASAP. See Close Schools info below.
LEAs and charter schools are responsible for ensuring data are complete, accurate, and current at all times.
HELP USING EDDIE
SUBSCRIBE TO EDDIE
Who should subscribe to EDDIE? LEA, school, or charter school staff who need to enter, update, or maintain their data. DPI staff may also subscribe as DPI data users. The subscribed DPI staff may not update data, but do have the ability to save their custom reports in EDDIE.
Subscription Information - Two Separate Steps
- If you already have an NCID, you can use it to subscribe to EDDIE.
- For NCID information, please go to https://ncid.nc.gov/ or www.ncpublicschools.org/ncid/
- Your NCID password will expire after a few months. NCID will send an email requesting that you re-set your password. If you do not re-set your password, or if you forget your password, you will be locked out of NCID and EDDIE. Contact your NCID administrator or go to https://ncid.nc.gov/ to re-set your password. Your User Name should not change. If you change your NCID User Name, you will have to re-subscribe to EDDIE.
- Choose the appropriate user role / subscription level. Details are in the FAQs.
- After your subscription to EDDIE is approved, use your NCID to log into EDDIE and edit your data.
NEW SCHOOLS - LEAs
Requests to add new schools should be submitted in EDDIE approximately four to six months before the school is scheduled to enroll students. NCDPI is the only entity that has jurisdiction over school numbering. Until a NCDPI assigned number is established the use of any identifying number is unauthorized. EDDIE is the authoritative source for assigned school numbers. A user must be subscribed to EDDIE to enter a new school request. Please allow approximately two weeks processing time. New numbers will be emailed to the superintendent / designee. Suggested opening date to enter in EDDIE: 07/01/YYYY
- Alternative schools should be approved by Alternative Learning Programs before requesting a school number in EDDIE.
- Cooperative Innovative High (CIH) Schools should be approved by the State Board of Education (SBE) before requesting a school number in EDDIE.
- New Schools Project schools should have approval from the New Schools Project (NSP) and been given a cohort number before requesting a school number in EDDIE. For information on how to submit to the NSP, please call 919.277.3760.
- Schools that contain pre-kindergarten students only are not assigned school numbers.
Close a school online using EDDIE. Must be subscribed to EDDIE to enter closing date. Enter the date the school will close on the school information page. Suggested closing date to enter in EDDIE: 07/01/YYYY.
- School Closing dates should be entered ASAP.
- If a school is moving to a new location and/or changing its name, the school is not closing and does not need a new school number.
- Wait until after July 1 to enter school name and address changes, grade level changes, new principals, etc. that will become effective in the next school year.
If you have any questions about EDDIE, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create customized reports.
- Access more school level data such as:
- calendar type; schedule type; and program type;
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) number / Federal ID;
- schools that will open in the future; and
- schools that have closed.
- Enter split grade levels.
- Apply for new school numbers online.
- Authorize multiple content editors.
- Acquire archived school data.
The Educational Directory and Demographical Information Exchange (EDDIE) replaced the School Name and Address (SNA) file in April 2010.