COMMITTEE OF PRACTITIONERS
NOTE :: Various file formats are used on this page that may require download. If larger than 1mb, it will take longer to download. For instructions or more information, please visit our download page.
From SEC. 1903. STATE ADMINISTRATION – NCLB Federal Regulations
- IN GENERAL
Each State educational agency that receives funds under this title shall create a State committee of practitioners to advise the State in carrying out its responsibilities under this title.
Each such committee shall include —
- as a majority of its members, representatives from local educational agencies;
- administrators, including the administrators of programs described in other parts of this title;
- teachers, including vocational educators;
- members of local school boards;
- representatives of private school children; and
- pupil services personnel.
The duties of such committee shall include a review, before publication, of any proposed or final State rule or regulation pursuant to this title. In an emergency situation where such rule or regulation must be issued within a very limited time to assist local educational agencies with the operation of the program under this title, the State educational agency may issue a regulation without prior consultation, but shall immediately thereafter convene the State committee of practitioners to review the emergency regulation before issuance in final form.
2009 Committee of Practitioners Meetings
For additional information, please contact Richard Trantham at 919.807.3964.